|Vision, Mission and Objective of the organization
“Every citizen is educated and empowered to improve their well being and enjoy full potential in a justice, equitable, inclusive and peaceful society.Mission
To facilitate empowerment and improvement of the lives of poor, marginalized and excluded children, youth and adult through research, policy advocacy, capacity building of stakeholders, solidarity building, resource mobilization, networking, education resource and information dissemination and act as a watch dog and pressure group.Goal
To ensure equitable, inclusive, free, compulsory and quality education for children, youth and adult as their fundamental right to education in NepalObjectives of the organization:
NCE Nepal dedicates itself to achieving its goal through advocating for equitable, inclusive, free, compulsory and quality education for children, youth and adults as their fundamental rights to education in Nepal. In order to achieve its goal, NCE-Nepal has the following objectives:To advocate for consolidation and harmonization of education policy.
- To advocate for the quality, inclusive, equitable education and lifelong opportunities for all.
- To carry out research on emerging education issues as well as design, disseminate and implement advocacy programs based on the findings.
- Initiate activities/ events/ dialogue/ networks/ alliance building aimed for mass sensitization on the education issues.
- To strengthen NCE-Nepal as a resource institution for capacity building training, policy advocacy, technical support, campaign.
- To enable NCE-Nepal to be recognized as a strong network nationally and internationally.
|Strategic Program Priorities
- Rights based National policies and Laws to advocate with the National Government to endorse National Education Policy and New Education Act ensuring right to education as enshrined in the constitution of Nepal 2015 and with Federal Government to endorse Safe and Disaster Resilient School Framework.
- Domestic Financing for Public Education to make National education authorities’ policies, plans, guidelines and budgets be aware of the need for increased financing (at least 20% of national budget and 6% of GDP) to ensure equitable quality education and social security for all through progressive tax reforms.
- Governance and Accountability in Education to make local and federal government recognize the right-based framework in its policies and guidelines to monitor and improve the governance and accountability in public schools
- Monitoring and Reporting to contribute in SSDP/ SDG reporting, UPR reporting and developing National Civil Society Education Report